Most popular questions
We hope these answers help to solve your issue quickly, so you can get right back to playing :) Please do email us if you still need help.
Why can't I hear sound?
Yikes that's no fun! But you'll be glad to hear it's to do with your device's sound settings and is an easy one to solve. Even if your side switch is not set to mute, there are different ways the mute setting can be activated, with no visible clues that it is on. You may even be able to hear some apps and not others. But panic not, here's what you need to do...
1) Go to your iPad home screen and swipe your finger down from the top right of the screen (or swipe up from the bottom of the screen if you have an older iPad). You'll see your iPad's Control Center panel appear.
2) Check the icons in the Control Center. If you have an older iPad, make sure the padlock icon is pale gray and not white. If you have a newer iPad, make sure the padlock icon is white (not red), and you'll also see a bell icon that mustn't be red.
3) Finally, double-check your mute side switch is still green, then go back into the app and you should be able to hear the sound and be able to use your volume controls as normal.
Do email us if you need any more help. We know sound settings can be confusing.
Oops - an app without sound is no fun at all! You'll be glad to hear it's easy to solve, and is to do with your device's sound settings. Even if your side switch is not set to mute, there are different ways the mute setting can be activated, with no visible clues that it is on. You may even be able to hear some apps and not others. But panic not, here's what you need to do...
1) Go to Settings, then General, then Accessibility
2) Scroll down to a section called Interaction & press Assistive Touch, and turn Assistive Touch ON
3) Press the gray icon-sized box which appears on your screen, and you'll then see a larger box with icons in it - press the one that says 'Device' and you'll see more icons appear
4) Press the Bell icon once or twice until it has a line through it. The bell must have a line through it otherwise certain app sounds are muted.
5) Now make sure your side switch isn't on mute (i.e. orange/red not visible)
6) Finally press the top volume button to make sure the vol is up
7) Once you've got your sound back - don't forget to turn Assistive Touch off by going back into Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch > OFF
Do email us if you need any more help. We know sound settings can be tricky.
I can't buy the in-app purchase
Check your in-app restrictions aren't enabled in your device's Settings. You can then turn them straight back on after you've bought the in-app purchase.
If you have the latest version of iOS installed: Settings > ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > either toggle this off (not green anymore) or tap iTunes & App Store Purchases > In app Purchases > Allow
If you have an older version of iOS: Settings > General > Restrictions > enter your Restrictions Passcode > tap the In App Purchases On/Off switch
I've already bought your app, but the games are still locked!
Our paid apps all have family sharing, but Apple doesn't allow family sharing with in-app purchases in the same way. You can still share, but the method is different.
As you'll probably know, once you’ve purchased an in-app purchase, the details are stored on your App Store account so you never have to pay for it again, and you can download it on any device so long as you’re logged into the App Store with the same account that you purchased the app with.
Here's how to do this step by step:
1) On your iPad, go to Settings > App Store and log out of your account and into the account with which you bought the app (just until you've got the app on the device, you can then immediately log back out and back into your account.)
2) Download the free version of the OkiPlay app onto your iPad. Open it up, and press on one of the locked puzzles. You'll see the upgrade/ purchase screen, and you can now press 'Restore Purchases'.
3) As you have already purchased the app, you will not need to pay again. You will need to provide your Apple ID password so that your purchase can be verified by the App Store and be restored on to your device. And don't worry, even if you try to pay again, you won't be charged because the item will already be in your Apple account purchase history (so long as you make sure you're logged into the right account!).
How do I add my child's face?
This happens if you accidentally skip the photo-importing stage - but is easy to rectify. First of all, go to the screen showing 3 characters.
All you need to do is to delete any characters with the gray face by tapping on the character. You'll be able to see a red (or black) cross button on the top right above the character - click this then the 'Yes' button to delete that character. You will then see the white plus sign appear & be able to import the photo faces you want.
This is probably due to your privacy settings. You need to allow the app access to your photos so you can add a photo for your character's face.
You can do this by going to Settings, and then Photos or Privacy.